Company: Rallybio, LLC
Role:Accounting Internship (Paid, part time)
Internship Period: June 2021 through August 2021 (10 weeks)
Location: Remote-Based or In-person (if conditions permit)
Reports to: Finance Lead
Rallybio, is a privately held development-stage biotechnology company incorporated in January 2018. The Company has raised more than $180 million in financing with the ambition to transform the lives of patients with devastating diseases and has a pipeline of assets in development.
Rallybio is looking for an accounting intern to support accounting and financial reporting initiatives. The Accounting intern will work under the mentorship and direction of accounting leaders to carry out various duties. This internship provides opportunities to develop your skills in a real-world work environment. This position contributes to the overall success of the accounting team by performing essential functions that allow the team to provide the company with accurate and timely financial information.
The internship candidate should be available for 10 weeks of the internship (approximately June 2021-August 2022) on a part time basis. The position can be performed remotely and optional in office experience may be obtained depending on the status of the COVID-19 pandemic as permitted under local and state guidelines as well as company-specific guidelines during the internship period.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Assist in the preparation of various month end activities including:
- Support the financial reporting process including any month-end or quarterly financial statement preparation tasks
- Assist with external audit requests
- Collect data and assist with the preparation of month-end accruals
- Assist with the preparation of a fluctuation analysis month over month
- Gain a working knowledge of the company ERP and related systems
- Assist finance team with set up and processing of vendor purchase orders and invoicing
- Perform special projects as requested
- Assist in data migration or other system implementations as requested
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Student actively enrolled in a university and pursuing a Bachelor of Accounting/Accountancy or Master of Accounting/Accountancy
- Solid academic track record – GPA of at least 3.0 preferred
- Self-motivated individual able to multi-task and work well independently and with other professionals in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in use of the Microsoft Excel software application and intermediate knowledge of other Microsoft Office products such as Word and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of finance, generally accepted accounting principles, and economic principles
- Ability to perform detailed work with numerical data and to make mathematical computation rapidly and accurately
- Demonstrated strong oral and written communication skills
- Must have demonstrated ability to appropriately handle sensitive/confidential information
- Must be comfortable working in a team environment
Qualified candidates should submit their resume to HR@rallybio.com. This role is open for direct candidate submission and no recruiters will be used. Rallybio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.