Company: Rallybio, LLC
Functional Role:Corporate Accounting
Proposed Start Date: April 2021
Location: New Haven, CT
Rallybio, is a privately held development-stage biotechnology company incorporated in January 2018. The Company has raised more than $180 million in financing and, with a robust and diverse pipeline, Rallybio has an ambition to transform the lives of patients with devastating diseases.
Rallybio is seeking an experienced individual to oversee the day-to-day corporate accounting functions to ensure a high level of accuracy, completeness, and compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). This role will be a key member of the accounting and finance team working to continuously improve financial closing policies and procedures. This position represents a great opportunity to join a growing finance department and help us shape the future state of finance and accounting at Rallybio.
- Manage the monthly accounting close process and oversee the accounting team (currently outsourced) to ensure accurate and timely financial results.
- Manage the internal consolidation and fluctuation analysis including comparing actuals to budgeted forecasts and historical trends.
- Develop and maintain chart of accounts to support internal consolidation and reporting.
- Be an active contributor the design and implementation of various accounting tools, including our ERP system.
- Participate in the collection and review of month-end accruals through partnership with other finance and business operations teams.
- Manage intercompany process, including time tracking management, and intercompany billing/settlement review
- Research and prepare initial accounting positions on technical or complex accounting matters, including related disclosure requirements.
- Develop internal finance policies to create a more timely and efficient financial close process
- Assist in the design and execution financial controls.
- Support interim and year end audit process.
- Ad hoc reporting requests and other corporate accounting tasks as needed by the finance team
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Must have a minimum of five years of accounting experience. Accounting experience in a Pharmaceuticals/ Biotechnology company setting is a strong plus.
- Must have ERP accounting system experience, with experience managing ERP data structures to improve financial reporting capabilities; SAGE Intacct experience a plus.
- Superior analytical and modeling skills including advanced proficiency in Excel and the ability to quickly manipulate and analyze large data sets and build reports.
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously with an acute ability to execute on time.
- Active listener and clear communicator who demonstrates a supportive attitude that encourages collaboration cross functionally and is able to effectively and proactively communicates essential information with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced team environment and willing to assist other team members to achieve team goals and objectives.
- Action-oriented team player with a keen focus to executing on time.
- Opportunistic mind set focused on continuous process improvements.
- CPA credential preferred
Qualified candidates should submit their resume to HR@rallybio.com. This role is open for direct candidate submission. Resumes from recruiters will not be accepted at this time. Rallybio does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Rallybio will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Rallybio.
Rallybio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.