Company: Rallybio, LLC
Functional Role:Research & Development (R&D) Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A)
Proposed Start Date: April 2021
Location: New Haven, CT
Rallybio, is a privately held development-stage biotechnology company incorporated in January 2018. The Company has raised more than $180 million in financing and, with a robust and diverse pipeline, Rallybio has an ambition to transform the lives of patients with devastating diseases.
Rallybio is seeking an experienced individual to lead the planning and forecasting process of multiple R&D programs for the Company. This position’s core responsibility will be to execute the financial planning process including the development of the annual R&D budget and managing the ongoing forecasting process for various preclinical and clinical candidates. The successful candidate will partner with various R&D teams and vendors from creation of purchase orders through analysis of program spend to enable robust business planning and decision making. This role will also work closely with the accounting team to support the month-end accounting cycles providing various inputs and analysis required during the closing process. The successful candidate will also have the opportunity to support other FP&A activities and finance/accounting initiatives and to help shape the future state of finance & accounting functions at Rallybio.
- Prepare the annual budget, regular forecasts, and long-range forecasts for multiple R&D projects
- Produce robust financial analyses for the R&D departments including, but not limited, to budget/forecast to actuals tracking, monthly reporting, and other ad hoc reporting
- Engage with various R&D teams for the vendor procurement process including initiation of purchase orders, tracking various vendor contracts, and understanding scope changes for status and variance analysis
- Partner with the accounting function to estimate month end contract accrual schedules to ensure accurate accounting records; ensure timely and accurate reconciliation of R&D general ledger accounts as needed
- Partner with finance and accounting colleagues to design and execute financial procedures, controls, and process improvements to enable complete and accurate reporting of R&D expenses
- Support interim and year end financial audit process related to R&D items as needed
- Ad hoc reporting requests and other tasks as needed by the finance team
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Must have a minimum of seven years of FP&A experience, a mix of accounting and FP&A will also be considered. Experience in a Pharmaceuticals/ Biotechnology company setting and/or startup is a strong plus
- Demonstrated experience using ERP systems, with core understanding of inputs and outputs to create useful reports along with skills in managing and designing ERP data structures to improve financial reporting capabilities; SAGE Intacct experience a plus.
- Superior analytical and modeling skills including advanced proficiency in Excel and the ability to quickly manipulate and analyze large data sets
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously with an acute ability to execute on time
- Active listener and clear communicator who demonstrates a supportive attitude; Ability to effectively and proactively communicate essential information with all levels of the organization
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment; willing to assist other team members and functional areas as needed to achieve team goals and objectives.
- Opportunistic and flexible mindset focused on continuous process improvement.
Qualified candidates should submit their resume to HR@rallybio.com. This role is open for direct candidate submission. Rallybio does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Rallybio will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Rallybio.
Rallybio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.